Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The River doesn't change for you and me


Why would i wish to come back,

If not for the warmth of your love

and the lush green fields

that saw the birth of my first lines..

Why would i choose

to be a banished pilgrim

in this contradicting world

if not to worship the memories

and the self you gave me.

I know I'll have to relive this

Again and again,till the very end

You may deny this,may even misconstrue

Like the Earth,you can nourish and then

forget

But the river doesn't change

Between you and me.

the silver cord tying me to u can't lie

Can't mislead,I'll have to come back

But i don't mind,can't wind up

Because this is a Journey

That tells me who i am

This is a path of mirrors

Which shows me a little girl

Who missed the lovely brown curls

that shone like tiny specks of sunlight

On her mother's soft forehead .




3 comments:

arifa said...

Those roots tug at you, limit you in the name of everything...
And I'm happy that you didn't let yourself be confined to petty things...
Sore little girl, up high into the sky,the CORDS may still tug at your heart, at most unwanted of times...
or may be they would learn what stretching the limits is all about....

Unknown said...

thank you arifa.. for the prayer and the wishes.these roots are precious but they are painful too.yes they tug,strongly at times,but no;they don't have the power to check me ,to limit my skies.

idiot of indian origin said...

meher,
molu , your template is classic, archaic n nostalgically beautiful.
but do some about your font colour princess. please use a darker shade.
the present one is smudged into the background . I wonder how Arifa could read that post !... maybbe i'm getting old at last !

Malayalam Blog Directory

Malayalam Blog Directory